An attempt to document my creative pursuits and spew inspiration into the universe.

An attempt to document my creative pursuits and spew inspiration into the universe.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Some Hoodie Sewing

In an attempt to make a dent in my overwhelming fabric stash, I've been sewing up some clothing, lately. 

I love velour, and often pick up large pieces when I see them at the thrift store. I pulled out some colors I thought would look nice together. The dark gold is from a large men's shirt; the lighter gold and stripy piece are scores from the thrift store fabric bin. (I ended up not using the rose-pink top).

I used an old favorite pattern, which I re-traced and drew in the pieces for the color-blocking, then cut up to make patterns for the different-colored piecing. 
Cutting out the pieces.



Here are the pieces laid out. The cutting surface is a folding card-board cutting board, found at a local thrift store for $1.00! It's perfect for cutting on the floor. I just plop it down and instantly have a clean, firm surface for working on. It folds up for easy storage. The squares are handy for when I'm re-working a pattern or for measuring. 

I hand-stitched a little leaf motif on the front. 

Bright hoodie for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!