An attempt to document my creative pursuits and spew inspiration into the universe.

An attempt to document my creative pursuits and spew inspiration into the universe.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Knitted Rug Finished

For someone who doesn't really consider herself much of a knitter, there sure has been a lot of knitting going on around here, lately!Some of you may remember an earlier post about this scrappy, knitted rug. I finished it, and we love it. Shortly after cast I off and laid it out on the floor in its new home in front of the wood stove, Rick stretched out on it to test it out, and promptly fell asleep! I guess it passed the test. Li'l B likes it, too.I've been liking the moss stitch these days, and I think it works well in this rug. The edges don't curl, and the texture is thick and springy. Really soft and comfy. It's funny, 'cause I wanted to try knitting a rag rug rather than crochet (which I've done several of). I thought I might like the knitted texture better than the crochet. Then I choose the moss stitch, and the finished rug does look rather crocheted! Actually, it's not as "holey" as crochet would have been.Thanks, S.C.R.A.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!