An attempt to document my creative pursuits and spew inspiration into the universe.

An attempt to document my creative pursuits and spew inspiration into the universe.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Felty Stones

I've been seeing felted stones floating about the blogosphere for quite some time. I finally tried making some. I wrapped wool fleece around the stone, and holding it over the sink, gently patted it with hot water and soap. Soon the fibers started grabbing together, and continuing to pat and soap produced an awesomely felt-covered stone. So fun I made several more! I keep them in this nifty felted basket I made of Kool-aide-dyed yarn. I like finding uses for things I make and these stones are perfect to use as weights for when I'm cutting out fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!